emwadmin
Site Admin

MXCHIP MiCO

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:28 am

As the datasheet mentions, MXCHIP has developed a platform which should be a good starting point for developing on this module. The project is called MiCO (Mico-controller based Internet Connectivity Operation System) and the source is freely available on github here: https://github.com/MXCHIP/MICO

The readme provides a brief explanation on how to use it, however it talks about using it on their EMW3162 platform, so until we get some modules in our hands, it's questionable if it will just work right out of the box or not.

The API reference documentation for MiCO can be found here: http://www.mxchip.com/mico/begin/micoapis/

apullin

Re: MXCHIP MiCO

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:56 pm

That github link no longer works, the repo is not there.

emwadmin
Site Admin

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Yes, unfortunately MXCHIP repos were taking down because they were making some changes (?) - I was told that they were preparing to release a version which was ported to work with GCC compiler. However they have yet to open the repositories to public access and I have not received a reply from MXCHIP support with any update on the situation. Right now, your best bet is to develop on the WICED SDK platform for this module.

emilfr

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:59 pm

While I highly recommend WICED (being partial as the main maintainer of the WICED for EMW project), I think MXCHIP is providing MICO now via their Chinese website, where it's downloadable as an archive.
Nb. my Chinese isn't that good and it's been a while I looked, so take my words with a grain of salt.
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

Return to “Firmware Development”