lpifer5655

CAN Engine EMW3162

Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Anyone had any luck or know about the two CAN interfaces on the 3162?

emilfr

Re: CAN Engine EMW3162

Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:31 pm

I've not tried it, but as it happens I just got a few CAN bus transceivers in the mail to connect to my EMW316x modules. I'll try it as when I get a chance and report back. Hopefully this weekend.... Poke me to remind me if you don't hear back.
Nb. I saw some application note from Keil on hooking the two CAN interfaces on a module to each other and I think they provided sample code and directions for setup... I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it http://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_236.pdf
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

lpifer5655

Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:05 pm

Sounds great! That document is exactly what we've been looking for. Saw those Keil licenses listed at the bottom sporting quite a hefty price. Think I can get away with using the evaluation version to do some testing before making an investment like that (Or avoid it entirely if possible given its my senioir project at a university)? Also I noticed you identified the family 316x does that mean the emw3165 has potential for CAN as well? I saw no indication of that which is why I've opted for the 3162 model.

emilfr

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:43 am

Heh, I hadn't even checked if the EMW3165 has CAN peripherals, just assumed it did for some reason. I just looked at the datasheet for the STM32F411CE and it does indeed lack CAN bus peripherals.

Nb... you don't need Keil for anything, though it can perhaps be handy to use the emulator. I pointed out the AN from Keil more as a reference for how you can use CAN with STM32Fx MCUs and directions for implementation, rather than an endorsement. Personally I've never used Keil... I've not even installed it ever.
I use Linux, so I'm limited to gcc and eclipse mostly and those are free and work fine.
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

Return to “General Discussion”