adampolar

Passing data from raw TCP socket to the console

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the EMW3165, lua and wifiMCU but I've been playing around with them and ended up writing some code which allows you pass through data from a tcp socket to the lua interpreter, so I thought I'd share in case anyone was interested (as this is one of the first examples on nodeMCU's site, and I couldn't find an example for WiFiMCU, and allows you to access the lua interpreter from programs such as PuTTY for example). (N.B. this doesn't seem to work on firmware <= 0.9.5 due to issues with loadstring).

code is here https://github.com/adampolar/WiFiMCURawTCPSocketLuaInterpreter/blob/master/WiFiMCURawTCPSocketLuaInterpreter.lua

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

loboris

Re: Passing data from raw TCP socket to the console

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:44 am

Have you looked at telnetserv.lua example in my version of WiFiMCU Lua ?

In my version internal dostring function has full redirection to tcp socket, so you get all the output redirected back to socket when executed from remote console.

adampolar

Re: Passing data from raw TCP socket to the console

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm

I hadn't, at least there is a more obvious link now for people to find out how to do this. That's great, will this change be merged with the main project?

angelaruck

Passing data from raw TCP socket to the console

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:20 am

Im having some problems making this work. Im confused as to where youre getting the return OK from the called form. I assume that is a button but Im not sure.

Return to “WiFiMCU”