loboris

Re: WiFiMCU LUA port with many new modules and enhancements

Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:04 am

AVAKS wrote:I've updated the bootloader file Bootloader.bin from https://github.com/loboris/MICO/tree/master/binary. Now wifimcu not responding. How can I restore the bootloader?

I recommend using some terminal emulator which supports ymodem protocol (SecureCRT, minicom, ...) for flashing the WifiMCU, not the WiFiMCU Studio.

If you cannot start the WiFiMCU in bootloader mode, the only way to reprogram it is with ST-LINK programmer. It is quite easy, I can give you detailed instructions if needed.
If you have one of STM-discovery or Nucleo boards you can use it, otherwise you can by ST-LINK for ~3.3 US$ (ebay)
Last edited by loboris on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

loboris

Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:18 am

Liuka Finke wrote:As per my experience with the RTC rtc.standby & rtc standbyUntil put the CPU into standby mode ...

There are two power saving modes you can use: STANDBY & STOP.
Standby mode halts the MCU and RTC RESETS it after/on some time.
Stop mode stops the MCU, after wake up the execution continues where it was stopped.
To be able to continue the execution in STOP mode you must use Watchdog type #1 (WWDG).

I'll publish soon the schematics and PCB files for the EMW3165 board which is designed to run in low power mode.

loboris

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:35 pm

IMPORTANT UPDATE, Ver. 1.0.3_LoBo

Modules FILE, WIFI, NET are completely rewritten. many bugs fixed, functionality enhanced, FTP module added.

FILE module
  • spiffs updated to latest version (3.4)
  • file system structure changed to improve efficiency
  • added possibility to open multiple files (up to 5)
  • all functions working with opened files now requires file handle returned from file.open()
  • added directories (up to 5 levels) and functions to manipulate them
  • function file.slist() can now show complete directory hierarchy
  • added file system check function
  • maximum file name length (including directory path) is now 63 characters
  • many functions are changed and new functions and features added, read Reference Manual and see the demos for detailes
    Warning: you will have to format the file system after upgrade, save your files if necessary!

WIFI module
  • many functions are enhanced and new functionality added, read Reference Manual and see the demos for detailes
  • Added option to set default wifi SSID and password in system parameters and to start wifi and ntp service automatically on boot
  • in wifi.startsta() function added option to wait for connection before function returns
  • wifi.scan() function can now wait for scan result and return lua table, or just print the scan result on standard output

NET module
  • many functions are enhanced and new functionality added, read Reference Manual and see the demos for detailes
  • All network operations runs in a separate RTOS thread. If no socket is active, the thread is stopped, and (almost) no resources are used.
  • Client socket can now work in blocking mode, the function waits for response and no callback function is needed to handle the response
  • Basic http support is added, sending with GET and POST methods is supported, handling of http response is also supported

FTP module
  • (almost) complete FTP client
  • All FTP operations runs in a separate RTOS thread. When ftp is disconnected, the thread is stopped, and (almost) no resources are used.
  • list (long/short format), chdir, send (overwrite/append) file or string, receive remote file to local file or string
  • blocking and non blocking modes, can be used with or without callback functions
  • option to turn on debug mode, all ftp related communication messages will be printed

MCU module
  • Handling of new system parameters wifi_ssid, wifi_key, wifi_start, tz is added to getparams(), sgetparams(), setparams() funtions
    Warning: your old system parameters, if set, will be set to dafault values after upgrade!

Bootloader
  • Bootloader is upgraded to version 2.5
  • Added option to list Lua filesystem content
  • Added option to flash from file. You can now download the update file in LUA (with ymodem or FTP) and flash it in bootloader
  • This function will be used in soon to come OTA upgrade functionality

New version of the RF driver is available.

All file, wifi, net and ftp demos are updated with detailed examples of the new features.
webserver.lua demo is updated, you can now turn LED on/off and monitor adc line from web browser.

Downolads:

If you find my work useful, you are welcome to DONATE
Last edited by loboris on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asturias

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:45 pm

Thank you very much Loboris !!! :)

loboris

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:10 pm

UPDATE - bugfix, Ver. 1.0.4_LoBo

Fixed the bug in hardware i2c multibyte read.

Downolad:
WiFiMCU.LUA_1.0.4_LoBo.bin

Return to “WiFiMCU”