Asturias

Re: WiFiMCU LUA port with many new modules and enhancements

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:15 am

Hi,
Thank you Loboris for your contribution !!!
The TFT module works perfectly.
Just a problem, I can't upload an img file, everytime i get an error message.
I use WIFIMCU studio.
Salutations.

loboris

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Asturias wrote:Hi,
Thank you Loboris for your contribution !!!
The TFT module works perfectly.
Just a problem, I can't upload an img file, everytime i get an error message.
I use WIFIMCU studio.
Salutations.

You can't upload the binary file with WiFiMCU Studio. Please use file.recv() function from any terminal emulator which supports ymodem protocol (SecureCRT, minicom, ...).

In a few days I will finish the complete FTP module, so you'll be able to download/upload any file from/to FTP Server.

I'm working on a program similar to WiFiMCU Studio, with many enhancements (including ymodem file transfer, lua editor etc.) which will work under Windows and Linux. It should be ready by the end of March.

profra

Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi Loboris, you write "...I'm working on a program similar to WiFiMCU Studio, with many enhancements (including ymodem file transfer, lua editor etc.) which will work under Windows and Linux. It should be ready by the end of March. ...".
... that is so good message for all of us!
Many thanks for your excellent work!

petesoper

Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Direct Linux support will be great.

But I've had no problems updating the bootloader and firmware using WiFiMCU Studio for your January 11 bits (0.9.13_LoBo) and at least one earlier version. I've had other problems with this studio program, but not with flashing binaries.

loboris

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:53 am

petesoper wrote:... But I've had no problems updating the bootloader and firmware using WiFiMCU ... I've had other problems with this studio program, but not with flashing binaries.

There is no problem flashing the firmwares with bootloader. The problem is uploading the binary file to the LUA SPI file system.
WiFiMCU studio uses UART input buffer to transfer the file line by line, so obviously, only text files (LUA sources) can be transfered.
file.recv() uses ymodem transfer protocol and any file (including binary) of any size can be transfered.

petesoper

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:11 pm

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Speaking of tools for pushing from Linux (or Mac, I guess).

For pushing text files such as Lua scripts into the WiFiMCU filesystem I've had good luck using "luatool.py", a Python program I found on esp8266.ru (thank heavens for Chrome's Russian to English translation!). With just a tweak or two to the per-line delay (reducing it to .1 works for me) and to change the default baud rate to 115200 I've found it to be very reliable. Here is the URL to their downloads page. Look for "luatool latest" close to the bottom of the list:

http://esp8266.ru/downloads/

loboris

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:53 pm

UPDATED to Ver. 0.9.15_LoBo

• ADC module upgraded
    • Fixed bug in pin #1 (D1) ADC mapping (was mapped to the same adc input as D17)
    • Added option to read ADC value as average of multiple adc samples (2~128), standard deviation is also returned.
    • Function adc.readmv() replaced with adc.readV() which returns the measured value in volts (floating point value).
    • Added option to set the value of the used reference voltage (for adc.readV() function).
    • Added option to auto calibrate reference voltage based on internal STM32F411 reference value.
    • Added option to read internal MCU temperature.
Note:
Pin D17 on WiFiMCU board is connected to BLUE LED and is practicaly not usable for ADC measurements.

See WiFiMCU LUA Reference.pdf for details.

Download WiFiMCU.LUA_0.9.15_LoBo.bin
Download Bootloader.bin ver. 2.3
Download Lua demo archive

petesoper

Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:48 am

I just had time for some quick tests of this new binary. The readV function is very convenient. Likewise the multiple samples and standard deviation. I found it interesting that a several second loop only raised the chip temperature three degrees. I confirmed the pin 1 issue is fixed (and now that I disconnected my power supply from that pin 17, that is just as useless as you explained!)

And thank you for the updates to the reference doc to track your code changes!

AVAKS

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:52 am

I've updated the bootloader file Bootloader.bin from https://github.com/loboris/MICO/tree/master/binary. Now wifimcu not responding. How can I restore the bootloader?

Liuka Finke

Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:08 pm

As per my experience with the RTC rtc.standby & rtc standbyUntil put the CPU into standby mode and RTC wakes it at specified time.
The CPU resets on wake up but you can use init.lua script to resume/initialize your work.
It is intended for battery operated applications where the system wakes up periodically. WiFiMCU board is not best suited for that, because the wiring is such that it always consumes some power.
I can get ~20 uA in standby.

pcb turnkey assembly
Last edited by Liuka Finke on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “WiFiMCU”