terryoy

Re: DoIT releases WiFiMCU -- like NodeMCU but on the EMW3165

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 am

Receive my wifimcu from DoIT. Up and running.

QQ20150821-2.png
QQ20150821-2.png (612.8 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
QQ20150821-1.png
QQ20150821-1.png (697.83 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

QQ20150821-3.png
QQ20150821-3.png (31.08 KiB) Viewed 4018 times

Since WiFiMCU team only have a very simple documentation page(demo page), I referring everything to NodeMCU's API. Notice that the baud rate is different as 115200.

emwadmin
Site Admin

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:11 pm

That's great! Now I'm even more excited for my WiFiMCU modules to arrive. Hopefully MXCHIP's port of MiCO to GCC is on track, because I'm really looking forward to building up more functionality into the WiFiMCU project (like MQTT support), unless other developers beat me to it.

doit_yp

Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 am

[quote="terryoy"]Receive my wifimcu from DoIT. Up and running.

Hi,terryoy
We are really very glad to see your post. We are writing the WiFiMCU reference and tutorial these days,
Some documents can be found:https://github.com/SmartArduino/WiFiMCU/tree/master/Document
The reference and tutorial in English will be released in no more than two days.
Software engineer from DoIT
yangping@doit.am

terryoy

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:57 am

doit_yp wrote:
terryoy wrote:Receive my wifimcu from DoIT. Up and running.

Hi,terryoy
We are really very glad to see your post. We are writing the WiFiMCU reference and tutorial these days,
Some documents can be found:https://github.com/SmartArduino/WiFiMCU/tree/master/Document
The reference and tutorial in English will be released in no more than two days.

Welcome to post your tutorial projects on our Recipe platform if you would like to. ;)

moenad

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:57 pm

I bought 2 pieces from doit. The sad part is that the software is limited to Windows. I might make a crossplatform command line flasher with Go. I'll see what I can understand for the WifiMCU flasher project on github.

emilfr

Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:11 am

With WICED now supported, it can probably be ported to it. MICO is a WICED derivative.
WICED certainly compiles and flashes on Linux.

You can probably also use the OpenOCD scripts and makefiles from the WICED port to help you with any flashing you want to do.

https://www.github.com/MXCHIP-EMW/WICED-for-EMW
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

doit_yp

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 am

The firmwares of WiFiMCU can be updated by using any serial port interface which surpport Y modem transmission protocol, such as sercureCRT.
The tutorial is here:
https://github.com/SmartArduino/WiFiMCU
http://fineshang.gitbooks.io/wifimcu-ba ... er2_6.html

moenad wrote:I bought 2 pieces from doit. The sad part is that the software is limited to Windows. I might make a crossplatform command line flasher with Go. I'll see what I can understand for the WifiMCU flasher project on github.
Software engineer from DoIT
yangping@doit.am

emilfr

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

FYI: I ordered stuff from their SmartArduino store, first a few WiFiMCUs and then later the same day more stuff that I craved from their store (yeah, I'm an impulse buyer)... the first order was quickly taken care of and I received a tracking number... the problem is that the tracking number was for a shipment from the Netherlands to Nigeria, but they are in China and I'm in Iceland (you can see by looking up RC379724911NL).
I contacted them and got this very cryptic message back:
It must be transfered. Should no problem. Please wait. thanks

I sent back that I didn't understand what he meant and have yet to receive a reply, though that was just a couple of days ago.

For the second order, I waited 9 days without getting notification about it being shipped. I contacted them, gave them the order number and got a valid tracking number. Alright, that's fine, but, it's still longer than the 3-5 business days they claim on their site as the processing time.

So, be warned, they can be frustrating to deal with.
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

doit

Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:34 am

HaHa, Dear friend,
About the first order, since your order is shipped by Netherland post. By our experience, this shipping way is more faster than the general China post to Europe, and it must be transfer in Netherland. About the second order, may be late to fill in the tracking number since we are busy. But, anyway, it is our problem. Thanks very much for your reminder. Thanks agin.

emilfr wrote:FYI: I ordered stuff from their SmartArduino store, first a few WiFiMCUs and then later the same day more stuff that I craved from their store (yeah, I'm an impulse buyer)... the first order was quickly taken care of and I received a tracking number... the problem is that the tracking number was for a shipment from the Netherlands to Nigeria, but they are in China and I'm in Iceland (you can see by looking up RC379724911NL).
I contacted them and got this very cryptic message back:
It must be transfered. Should no problem. Please wait. thanks

I sent back that I didn't understand what he meant and have yet to receive a reply, though that was just a couple of days ago.

For the second order, I waited 9 days without getting notification about it being shipped. I contacted them, gave them the order number and got a valid tracking number. Alright, that's fine, but, it's still longer than the 3-5 business days they claim on their site as the processing time.

So, be warned, they can be frustrating to deal with.

oakkar7

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:45 am

Dear All,
I get emw3165 modules and EMWE-3165-A Development Board from seeedstudio. Thanks seeedstudio.

Story is that.
I flashed wifiMCU firmware to seeed's module+board. When I first tested to module with stocked (MiCO) firmware and bootloader, it worked well.

First, I flashed liked that. Mxchip bootloader >> wifiMCU bootloader with Putty+Ymodem method and bootloader up well.

Second, I flashed wifiMCU firmware from wifiMCU bootloader and also it was successful.

Problem is that when I reboot module via reset switch, module is stick in bootloader mode whatever boot switch is in High or Low. It always enter to bootloader mode.
But if I choose option "6" , it boot in firmware well. WifiMCU Firmware prompt shows in next reboot and all functions works well.

Any clues or help!

Return to “WiFiMCU”