IDE to begin

Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Hello,

which IDE I could use to write develop?
Does eclipse can be used?

RogerClark

Re: IDE to begin

Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:22 am

Currently it seems that the only available code uses the IAR compiler / IDE which is commercial and costs $$$

However its possible to develop for STM32F4 on loads of different IDEs.

I'm not sure if Eclipse is that easy to setup, you many want to look at EM::Blocks or CooCox as both of these are already established IDE's for STM

You should also download the STM Cube MX, as it generated the latest HAL Standard peripheral libraries for STM32F4

The big problem at the moment is the interface to the Wifi, as the code that has been posted in github has IAR compiled object / library files that will almost certainly be useless with other compilers.

emilfr

Re: IDE to begin

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:58 pm

This should work with Wifi. Untested and there are some warnings on build, but is built upon the working codebase for EMW3162 and the platform files from MXCHIP and WICED from Broadcom.
Nb. This is not from or endorsed by MXCHIP.

This is not an IDE, but it can be used with many free IDEs and WICED comes with an IDE for Windows.

EDIT: Forgot the link... https://github.com/MXCHIP-EMW/WICED-for-EMW
I haven't tested it on my board yet, but it at least compiles and probably doesn't need much modification to work, if it doesn't already..
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

Return to “Compiler & Tool Chain”