emwadmin
Site Admin

MicroPython Development Needs a Push!

Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Someone has already posed the question, however it looks like it'll take some additional enthusiasm and support from the community to get this project to support the EMW3165. Here's their forum thread, go make some noise ;-)
http://forum.micropython.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=810

terryoy

Re: MicroPython Development Needs a Push!

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:07 am

Amazing...python is what I'm more familiar with. Seems there will be lots of choices on working with the EMW3165 module. Personally I prefer interpreted language so that we don't need heavy IDE or compiler toolchain. :)

emwadmin
Site Admin

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:53 pm

I agree, and I think that python support would be very well received by the community, even more so than a Lua interpreter which has seen a lot of success on the ESP8266.

emilfr

Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:50 pm

It would be good to get Python running. I like python a lot better than Lua... I've only used Lua in the ComputerCraft mod for Minecraft, but I got some experience of Python, as I used to work for CCP Games and their EVE Online game is largely written in Python.
Maintainer of the EMW3162 and EMW3165 port of Broadcom WICED.
== Github == Gitter.im chatroom == WICED subforum == Getting started with WICED on EMW ==

-- Neither I nor the WICED for EMW project are affiliated with MXCHIP or Broadcom --

Return to “MicroPython”